Have you been looking for an Osteoporosis and Alzheimer's Program that you can use in your Pilates Studio, Fitness or Physical Therapy Facility? Be the first Physical Therapist, Fitness Professional or Pilates Teacher in your area to learn and present the newest most innovative, evidence based method for treating Osteoporosis and Alzheimer's using a set of Isometric Progressive Resistive Site Specific (IPRSS), bone loading exercises. These bone loading exercises are based on an IPRSS theory which has been scientifically tested by two doctors in the Los Angeles area to stimulate bone and brain cell growth. Add Pre-Pilates movements and Pilates based exercises to the program to round out a full body workout safely designed for those who want to prevent Alzheimer's and delay or improve Osteoporosis.
Who Needs This Course?
This program is essential for women, men, cancer survivors, asthma sufferers, anyone with an eating disorder and those who work with these clients or patients.
- Discuss and demonstrate IPRSS exercises using a ball and strap that contribute to improved upper and lower extremity strength
- Examine a variety of IPRSS exercises with modifications and contraindications
- Assess which patients or clients will best benefit from IPRSS exercises
- Develop an IPRSS rehabilitation and Pilates program that improves core stabilization, posture and promotes bone strength
- Integrate therapeutic and Pilates exercises using the IPRSS method in your treatment plan or exercise program for improved functional outcomes
Who Should Attend?
This CEC course is ideal for Physical Therapists, Pilates Instructors, Fitness Teachers and any professionals in the health and fitness industry who wish to expand their repertoire.
See a recent presentation by Barbara Wintroub:
Download the American Bone Health Fracture Prevention Brochure.
Read the latest news from Retrofit Pilates.